The more I wait, the more I pray. The more I pray, the more I stop grasping at some result. The more I stop grasping, the more I breathe. The more I breathe, the more I feel God close in the helplessness, the sadness, the hope, the love. The more I feel God close, the more strength I feel to love those who can be hard to love—including myself. And the more I love that way, the more I catch a glimpse of why we’re all here in the first place.
And then I start to see how this journey is not such a long meandering path toward something new way off in the horizon. This journey circles back over and over, switches back and forth through familiar territory, and moves us through foreign land back toward home."
From Marcia Mount Shoop's blog
for the entire post go to http://marciamountshoop.com/ 2011/03/12/waiting/
No comments:
Post a Comment