This blog is a collection of the messages of support sent out via e-mail or posted on the web since the diagnosis of Rick's brain cancer. There are links to music, lyrics to songs, scripture passages, prayers, and more.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dec 6 - A prayer for the journey

The path I walk, Christ walks it.
May the land in which I am be without sorrow.
May the Trinity protect me wherever I stay,
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Bright angels walk with me -dear presence – in every dealing.
In every dealing I pray them that no one’s poison may reach me.
The ninefold people of heaven of holy cloud,
the tenth force of the stone earth.
Favourable company, they come with me,
so that the Lord may not be angry with me.
May I arrive at every place, may I return home;
may the way in which I spend be a way without loss.
May every path before me be smooth, man, woman and child welcome me.
A truly good journey!
Well does the fair Lord show us a course, a path.


a prayer of St. Columba,  found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment