This blog is a collection of the messages of support sent out via e-mail or posted on the web since the diagnosis of Rick's brain cancer. There are links to music, lyrics to songs, scripture passages, prayers, and more.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lean into the light

As we near the winter solstice - the darkest day of the year - May we let go of old behaviors long past their usefulness, finally allow the old wounds we've carried to heal. May we enter the long night of winter Solstice and emerge with the new day, humbly but gratefully awake. All that was, has passed away. It cannot be changed. So be it. . . let it be . . .breathe in. . .breathe out. . . Take all that you have learned - and spin it into gold, turn it into commission, wisdom and love. Nothing is wasted, it is only transformed.

"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have." - Abraham Lincoln

. . . lean into the light. Listen and be like the bird that knows how to sing in the quiet darkness, just before the morning arrives.

Carrie Newcomer

No comments:

Post a Comment